Dole Packaged Foods, LLC seems to have ambitious plans to hasten the transformation of the 180-year-old business into the objectives, nutrition, and wellness firm in 2023. This transition will be led by a recently created steering committee in North America consisting of four women, a blend of newly appointed as well as tenured professionals with extensive knowledge and skills in the fields of brand building & product development.
Together, this professional will introduce 11 new products to the market in 2023, all of which were created with Dole Promise in mind. This promise calls for the creation of delicious products free of processed sugars, an increase in the availability of fruit-based nutrition, a reduction in food waste, an effort to lower plastic but also carbon emissions, and an enhanced value with all Dole partners & stakeholders.
Dole is introducing innovations across each category – Snacking, Beverages, Ingredients, and Frozen Treats – and opening up new segments like Nutritional Supplements & Probiotic Fizzy drinks under a new brand, driven by consumer demand for wholesome food choices that deliver on flavor. The following standouts are on the way for new product innovation:
- Snacks: Dole will introduce Dole Good CrunchTM, a sustainable source of dehydrated pineapple & banana bites that pack a crunch or provide nutrition benefits, as well as Dole WigglesTM Fruit Juice Gels, a healthy & nutritious take on the traditional treat made with 100% fruit juice. These products are aimed at both adults and children.
- Beverages: Dole will debut Dole® Light Pineapple Juice Sip, which only has 40 cals per can as well as 60% less in calories and sugar than normal 100% pineapple juice. This beverage builds on Dole’s rich legacy in 100% pineapple juice & customer demand for drinks with less sugar. Dole® Pineapple Mango Juice, a delicious, tropical mashup of pineapple and mango, is also being released by the company. Additionally, the soon-to-be-released Dole® Digestive BlissTM Fruit Juice Drink contains 50% fruit juice and is enhanced with plant-based macronutrients to promote gut health.
- Frozen Indulgences: Your neighborhood grocery store’s freezer section will shortly carry pineapple, mango, and strawberry-flavored Dole Whip®, a tropical chilled treat.
- Frozen Snacks: The Dole Boosted BlendsTM Smoothies are being reintroduced and will now include lots of protein, vitality, and cognitive advantages. In addition, Dole® Acai Bowls are being reintroduced, along with the new Dole Smoothie BowlsTM featuring exotic fruits such as mango and mangosteen, strawberry, and aronia.
- Functional fruit-punched vitamin chews & probiotic drinks under the new brand The Secret Nature of Fruit®.
Years of expertise from CPG firms like Grupo Bimbo, Colgate-Palmolive, Johnson & Johnson, and Nestle are brought to this team. The staff in the US is led by Senior VP and MD Orzse Hodi, who assisted Dole in 2021. Nora Witt, Jennifer Hirano, and Kimberly Galante, who oversee the marketing and R&D departments, work alongside Hodi. To guarantee maximum effect across global markets, Hodi and her team work internationally with VP of Brand Development Peewee Dizon & Senior Managing Director of Dole Enterprises Barbara Guerpillon.